Article 1. Definition
① Service: This refers to the Company and its related services that are available to its members regardless of the implemented devices (including various wired and wireless devices such as PCs, TVs, and portable devices).
② User: All customers, including members and non-members, who access the company’s services to receive services provided by the Company.
③ Member: A customer who accesses the Company’s service, signs a service contract with the Company in accordance with these terms of service and uses the services provided by the Company.
④ Non-member: A customer who uses the service of the Company without creating a registered account.
⑤ ID: It refers to the e-mail address specified by the member and approved by the Company for the identification of the member and use of the service.
⑥ Password: It means a combination of letters or numbers determined by the member in person in order to identify whether the member matches the given ID and to protect confidentiality.
Article 2. Purpose of Processing Personal Information
The Company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes:
① Payment settled as per the contract execution regarding the provision of services and the service provision thereof: Provision of contents, purchase and payment, shipping or delivery to billing address, identification for financial transactions (payment, etc.) and financial services
② Membership management: User identification for membership-based service, personal identification, prevention of illegal/unauthorized use by disruptive members, confirmation of creating an account, age verification, member queries such as complaint handling, delivery of notification, etc.
③ For marketing and advertising purposes: Development and specialization of new services (products), delivery of advertising information such as events, provision of service and display of advertisement according to demographic characteristics, statistical usage to identify access frequency or service usage by member
④ Connection to online supplementary service: In case a member requests to use online supplementary services through member registration and personal information update, the Company will deliver the collected personal information to the online supplementary service provider for smooth use of such services.
Article 3. Personal Information for Handling
The Company collects the following aspects of personal information for creating an account, non-member services, customer counseling and after-sale service applications.
① Collected items (Required)
1. Common: ID, password, name
2. Group Manger members: Team and Group name
② Collected items (Optional)
1. Individual member: Address, Phone number, Fax, Company, Job title
2. Group Manger member: Company’s telephone number, website URL, country and region, Address, Fax, Company, Job title
③ Additionally collected items (Optional): In the course of using individual services within the Company, personal information may be collected additionally but limited to the users that use the corresponding service. In case additional information should be collected.
④ Scope of information that can be collected during service use and handling process: Service usage records, access logs, cookies, access IP information, payment information and records
⑤ Information on installation and operation of automatic collection device of personal information, and rejection to it
2. A cookie is a text file that is automatically transmitted to a member’s computer when accessing the Company’s website.
3. This cookie will be automatically deleted when the member logs out and closes the active browser.
4. Members can choose whether to enable cookies.
5. To disable cookiesUsers may enable all cookies, choose to have themchecked each time cookies are saved, or disable all cookies by selecting the corresponding option of their web browser. Note, however, that if you disable cookies, you may be restricted from using some of the services that require logging in, and you will be and are solely responsible for this.
※ How to Enable Cookies (Internet Explorer)
Select Tools at the top of your web browser → Internet Options → Privacy → Advanced tab
⑥ Information We Collect from Your Third-Party Accounts
⑦ Google Analytics
1. The Company aims to provide efficient services by using Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Google”), for the purpose of providing better service to customers to analyze and evaluate how customers use the Company’s services, identify customers’ needs, and improve and customize the services and products provided.
2. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, a text file stored on your computer, to analyze a user’s pattern of using their website.
3. Google stores such information collected through cookies by moving them to the Google servers located in the United States.
4. Google may provide this information to the third party where required by law, or those that processes such information on our behalf of Google.
5. Google does not associate our customer’s IP address with any other data that Google has.
6. Unless a customer specifically deniesaccess of Google to cookies, it shall be considered that you consent to the use of Google cookies and all information generated by Google Analytics by using the Company’s service.
8. To see how to refuse the Google Analytics service, go to Google’s website to limit the usage or disable all cookies. Note, however, that if you disable cookies, you may be restricted from using some of the services that require logging in, and you will be and are solely responsible for this.
Article 4. Processing and Retention Period of Personal Information
Your personal information shall be retained by the Company as long as you receive the services provided by the Company as a member of the Company and shall be used to provide our services to you as members.
In case you request to close your account or lose your credentials, your personal information will be deleted immediately except for your ID and will be processed in a way that cannot be recovered for any reason or method.
① Membership information: The principle is to destroy the personal information at the time of withdrawal or expulsion, and if the purpose of personal information collection is fulfilled, however, your personal information may be retained pursuant to the Commercial Law and the Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.and/or other rules such as the National Tax Law. The items of personal information and retention period set by the Company based on the relevant laws and regulations are as follows:
1. Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transaction, etc.
2. Records on contract or withdrawal: 5 years
3. Records on payment and goods supply: 5 years
4. Records of consumer complaints or dispute handling: 3 years
5. Records on electronic financing as per the Electronic Financial Transactions Act: 5 years
6. Investigation request from the judiciary authority for abusive use of service: 1 year
7. Log-in records as per the Protection of Communications Secrets Act: 3 months
8. Records on member identification as per the Act on the Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.: 6 months
② The Company shall retain the personal information in accordance with the provisions of the relevant regulations during the specified period and shall not and will not use such information for other purposes.
Article 5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
In principle, the Company does not provide the user’s personal information to the outside source. The following cases, however, shall be exceptions.
① Requested to provide the information by investigative agencies or other government agencies
1. If necessary for information security affairs to identify an illicit act, etc. including violation of laws or regulations on a member’s part
2. Where required by other law
② Partnership: To provide better service, the Company may partner with other companies and provide personal information to them.
1. A minimum amount of information necessary to provide the service may be provided or shared with third-party enterprises.
③ Personal information provided to third parties
Retention and use period of personal information
Hancom Talkafe Inc.
Hancom Communication Inc.
Hancom Interfree Inc.
Hancom Flexcil Inc.
Hancom Fintech Inc.
Membership to affiliated services and login authentication on users who agreed to provide member information
Article 6. Consignment of Personal Information Handling
The Company entrusts the implementation of the service to the outside professional companies as below, and stipulates necessary matters at the point of signing a consignment contract pursuant to the relevant laws and regulations so that the personal information can be managed safely. The agency consigned to handle the Company’s personalinformation and its details are as follows:
① Handling of personal informationconsigned: Customer information, of which was agreed by a customer for provision, necessary for the corresponding task
Details of consigned task
Retention and use period of personal information
Hancom Interfree Inc.
Develop and operate Thinkfree Office translation service
At the time of account closure, expiration of consignment contract, oruntil the day when the retention period expires as per the relevant law
Payment processing (e.g., mobile phone payment, deposit without passbook account, account transfer, credit card payment, etc.)
Article 7. Rights and Duties of Data Subject and Legal Representatives and Exercise Methods
Data subject may exercise the right to protect personal information at any time on the Company with respect to what is set forth below:
1. Request to view personal information
2. Request to correct any error
3. Request for deletion
4. Request to stop handling the information
① To view and update your personal information, go to the “Edit My Account” menu on My Account and update what is necessary after completing the identification process. In case incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, the Company will make sure the information is corrected by notifying the third party of the correction result immediately.
② In case the user requests correction or deletion of an error, etc. in the personal information, the Company shall neither use nor provide the corresponding information until the correction or deletion is completed. In case incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, the Company will make sure the information is corrected by notifying the third party of the correction result immediately.
③ In case you are no longer willing to use the Company’s services, you may apply for termination of the service from “Delete Account” menu in “Edit My Account”. Those who submitted an application for membership withdrawal shall not be able to use any service of the Company. Your personal information shall be managed in a way that cannot be recovered for any reason or method. As for the members registered as product customers, however, the product number and the minimum amount of personal information that matches that number will be retained separately to ensure smooth provision of the customer support service and compliance with the relevant regulation in relation to product usage.
Article 8. Disposal of Personal Information
In principle, the Company shall destroy the information immediately after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved. The procedures and methods of disposal are as follows.
① Disposal procedure
1. Your personal information shall be retained by the Company as long as you receive the services provided by the Company as a member of the website and shall be used to provide our services to you as members.
2. In case you request to close your account or lose your credentials, the unique information that can identify the individual member, except for only a minimum amount of information for statistical management related to account closure, will be deleted immediately and will be processed in a way that cannot be recovered for any reason or method.
3. As for the members registered as product customers, however, the product number and the minimum amount of personal information that matches that number will be retained to ensure smooth provision of the customer support service in relation to the product usage.
4. Besides these, the Company shall destroy a member’s information immediately after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved.
5. In addition, even when the purpose of collection or that of its provision is accomplished, the Company may retain your personal information pursuant to Commercial Law and other legal regulations.In this case, the personal information shall be managed for archiving purposes only.
② Disposal method
Personal information printed on paper shall be crushed by a shredder or destroyed by incineration. Personal information stored in the form of electronic files shall be deleted using a technical method that prevents physical restoration.
Article 9. Measures to Ensure Personal Information Security
The Company takes the following measures to ensure the security of personal information in accordance with the ‘Personal Information Protection Act.’
① Administrative measures: Establishment and execution of internal information management plan for personal information, minimization in the number of personal information processing staff, regular staff training, etc.
② Technical measures: Management of access rights to, for example, personal information processing systems, installation of access control systems, encryption of unique identification information and passwords, installation of security programs, periodic updating and inspection of potentially vulnerable areas, archives of access records.
③ Physical measures: Access control and lock system application to computing room (data center) and data archive
Article 10. Other
Convert a document and view the result
Choose a document to convert and press
one of the "convert" buttons below.